Web3Go Delivered Milestone 1 for Our Web3 Foundation Grant
Web3Go’s delivery of Milestone 1 for our Web3 Foundation Grant has been officially accepted. In Milestone 1, Web3Go has completed the development of the website, customized indexer, semi-automatic chart generation, and several data boards. Web3Go’s tool allows for the indexing of data on the Kusama and Polkadot parachains, the processing of data using different logics and modules, and the visualizations of data.
The W3F evaluation team has commented on the Web3Go data analytics tool that it is a “very useful tool to quickly whip up statistics and graphs. Local setup was quite easy to reproduce. npm audit still shows some vulnerabilities, but most have been addressed during review.”
In the Web3Go Web Application, 9 data boards are available as proof of concept. We have used the architecture as shown above to index and process data of token transactions, crowdloan events, staking campaigns, CDP in lending system, NFT trading activities, and more. To provide an in-depth analysis of these on-chain events, Web3Go has implemented the following approaches:
- On-chain transaction data indexing. Web3Go has used services from SubQuery to extract on-chain data and store it in a formatted manner. In the Polkadot Network, each parachain can define its own Event or call, so the indexer of any given parachain must adapt to its metadata, and there will be multiple indexer instances.
- Address labeling and tagging. The labeling module gives crypto addresses different labels based on their historical activities, e.g. token transfer, DeFi event participation, etc, making it easy to monitor what’s happening on the blockchain. Existing labels include “Big Whale”, “High Activity”, [exchange name], [DeFi platform name], and more.
- Data visualization and interactive dashboards. Our various data boards are the visualization results of data analysis customized by our team or created by the community, which can display valuable, professionally analyzed information generated in the Polkadot ecosystem.
Moving forward, the Web3Go team will focus on building more useful data dashboards and fully-automatic chart generation, as specified in Milestone 2.
Founded in October 2021, Web3Go has won several notable prizes from the Octopus Accelerator, Wanxiang, and Moonbeam, received Grants from the Web3 Foundation, Gitcoin, Near and has worked closely with the Subquery team and Moonbeam team to provide various visualization insights.
- Hao Ding: VP of Litentry. MSc of University Stuttgart.
- Yifei Wu: Substrate lead of Litentry. PhD of Tokyo University.
- Han Zhao: Substrate core dev of litentry. MSc of University Stuttgart.
- Minqi Wang: Backend and contract developer. Master of University Columbia.
- Yunjian Bian: Software Architect of Litentry. Bachelor of University Suzhou.
Web3Go is an open data analytics platform that allows users to extract, curate, and visualize data with powerful yet easy-to-use tools.
Deeply rooted in the Polkadot ecosystem, Web3Go provides a series of Web3 data related services: Micro-level analysis and visualization of cross-chain assets transactions, parachain slot auctions, DeFi activities and token transaction histories; A sophisticated address labeling system to create user portraits and accumulate user identity library according to the behavior data on the chain; Utilizing Substrate Smart Contract, a reward system is deployed to incentivize users to post data tasks and support data professions on Web3Go. Web3Go will provide the essential technical infrastructure for data applications of all kinds in the Polkadot ecosystem.